Pages



Sunday, May 28, 2017

Japan

First let me start off by saying that Japan is the CLEANEST place that I have ever been. There was one moment when we were walking down a back lane that both me and Jay agreed we would be fine letting the kids set up a picnic no blanket needed it is that clean. I have been in love with the idea of Japan since I read the book Memoirs of a Geisha and it did not disappoint. We decided on Kyoto because it is supposed to be one of the last areas in japan that still feels authentic and not too commercial it also has two large Geisha districts. A lot of our friends here in Shanghai that have visited Japan did a airbnb because the hotel rooms are they size of my pinky toe. So we experienced our first airbnb and it was pretty awesome we will def use them again. If traveling to Japan with kids one thing you need to be aware of it EVERYTHING is small and quiet. Truly the most quiet orderly place I have ever been. They even have signs up telling you to whisper lol so yea that was fun with the kids. In truth looking back if we had the choice I would pick to go to Japan with just Jay. One highlight of the trip was we actually saw a Geisha which when you do research they say is extremely unlikely. Overall the trip was amazing and I would highly recommend Kyoto. The streets were so charming the sushi was amazing and the people were friendly and extremely polite. 





My Dress here is from Free People 














Girls posing for a magazine photo shoot in the Geisha district Selah is wearing A Zara Top and Gap Denim 





Our Geisha Spotting..truly a dream



still a babe we had to buy an emergency umbrella stroller Pippas little jumper is from Zara 


bamboo forest Pippas little dress is from Rylee and Cru 



the best traveler ever love my Selah girl 



The most common way to get around Kyoto is by bike and they ZIP around the city you have to really watch out. Here was an adorable mom daughter bike duo at the park. M



All I ate haha




Shaved ice and Ice Cream 


Me and Pips in the Geisha District 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright Rogers That 2017