Pages



Wednesday, May 10, 2017

The Year of Me.

Hi guys!! We are back from a fun long weekend exploring China and are getting back into the swing of day to day life here in Shanghai. I have tons of fun pictures to share with you from our trip that I will hopefully get posted sometime this week. Today I am talking about the goal that I set for myself at the start of this year which was to make it the year that I focused on my health and getting back into shape also spending more time doing things just for myself. I felt selfish making this my yearly goal but at then end of the day I have been giving all of myself to Motherhood since I became pregnant at 25 . I have nursed all of my children past a year only to then find myself pregnant again. Mama is TIRED. I have no plans of changing my devotion to my children at all but somehow in it all I need to make sure I carve out some time for myself.

Little did I know that 2017 was going to start out by throwing me curve ball after curve ball. First with some stuff with my beautiful nephew then with the loss of a family friend. Finally it seems the storm is settling and I am now feeling emotionally ready to invest this time in myself. SO with that being said it seems that the stars are lining up because one of my old childhood friends who is a personal trainer ( @bodybybriana on instagram if you want to follow her )  messaged me asking if I would like for her to set me up with a workout plan. ummmm YESSS. So I am really going to go all out with this and post my before picture to track my progress. I was going to post my weight but then at the end of the day that doesn't really matter my goal is to feel my best not weight my least. Also I will post some of her workouts if you guys are interested in doing them with me. I will update you in a month and let you know my progress. Fingers crossed I will be Beach ready! Remember to follow @bodybybriana on instagram for daily workout inspo.


Here is my before picture. Not bad but no where were I want to be in terms of being comfortable and happy with MYSELF. My goals are not other goals I just want to be in a place where I feel good in my clothes and in my own skin. My problem areas are my lower stomach ( after 3 sections ) and my saddle bag area on my legs. I would love to tone up my arms are well so I feel better in sleeveless tops.

Todays Leg Workout by @bodybybriana

1. Start with a warmup such as
- Stairs 10x
- Frog Jumps up and back in Hallway
-3 sprints outside
-10 minute jog

Legs -
Circut 1:
1. Single leg step up with a kick back - two dumbbells 8-10 pounds and a sturdy chair/bench/ottonman Do 15 reps each leg
2.Split lunge jumps, no weight 20 reps
3. Plank with single leg raise. The leg raise is more of a pulse, 30 seconds each leg

Circuit 2 :
1. Single leg Lunge off bench, use 8-10 pound dumbbell 12-15 reps per leg. Squeeze butt at the top
2. Over the bench tap backs - Hold one 10lb dumbbell under your chin. 15 reps then repeat with other leg
3. " Frog Booty Raise" . ( on floor or hips hanging off ottoman )

Circuit3:
1. Plie squat wwith 25lb dumbbell ( 15-20 reps )
2. Standing Side leg raises against weight 15 reps each leg
3 Single leg booty lift. Lay on your back ( on the ground ) one heel on the bench, the other leg straight up in the air and lift butt off the ground 20 reps each leg.


You guys Im not asking for much..just you know to KILL IT like Kourtney Kardashian hahaha JK. I will check back with you guys next week to give you an arm workout and let you know how sore I am. Hope you have a great Wednesday!!






No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright Rogers That 2017