Pages



Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Hot not Haute...

I recently made these SPICY turkey burgers for me and my Husband and they turned out SOOO SOOO good I had to share the recipe with you!! It was my last hooray before I started a little pre summer detox which definitely does NOT include gigantic turkey burgers. Needless to say it was absolutely delicious, I tweaked the recipe a little and added guacamole to it, pure heaven!! Recipe is below.. bon appetite my sweets !!!!









Spicy Turkey Burgers
Serves 3 to 4

canola oil
1 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped [see Kitchen Notes]
1/2 small onion, finely chopped, about 1/2 cup
1 pound ground turkey [see Kitchen Notes]
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 teaspoon cumin
2 teaspoons chili powder [see Kitchen Notes]
1/2 teaspoon salt

buns, lettuce, purchased salsa

Sauté jalapeño pepper and onion with a little canola oil in a medium-sized nonstick skillet over medium flame, stirring often, for 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to bowl to cool slightly.

In a large bowl, gently mix turkey. cilantro, cumin, chili powder, salt and cooled pepper/onion mixture with your hands until just combined. Form into 3 or 4 patties [I did 3—if you do 4, they will be smallish].

Heat a large nonstick skillet over a medium-high flame. Add a healthy glug of canola oil and sauté turkey patties for 3 minutes on each side; they should be nicely browned. Reduce heat to medium and cook until just cooked through, about an additional 4 minutes.

Serve on buns with lettuce and a dollop of purchased salsa, if desired.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright Rogers That 2017