Pages



Saturday, March 5, 2011

{ It's All For You }


Around month 5 in my pregnancy is when I first stepped foot into Babiesrus to look around and take it all in. Aside from being totally freaked out at the amount of stuff you need for a baby I also realized that I didn't love any of the nursery sets that all come together so I decided I would take my time slowly piece by piece create the nursery that I pictured and really wanted. I then found out that I was having a little boy which I am SO excited about but I def had to pull back on my decorating to make sure it looked like a baby boys room. So { after many eye rolls and budget talks with Husband J } the room is finally finished and I am finally totally happy with it. I picked white furniture because I felt that goes with a little boy or a little girl, we had the dresser/changing table made because I couldn't find a dresser in the baby furniture stores that I really loved. I found the knobs for the dresser at anthropologie and gave them to the furniture designer and it turned out better than I ever pictured. The lamp on the changing table is what inspired the entire nursery I felt like it was out of a story book and from there I went with the branch bird theme. I found the adorable branch curtain hooks at Urban Outfitters and thought they went perfectly with the gold mirror above the dresser and the gold on the dresser knobs. Half way through the process I got worried that the room started to feel too girly so when I found the sweet wood elephant for the bookcase I fell in love because I thought it added a touch of little boy to the little room, from there the side table felt right and everything else just fell into place..it is by far my favorite room in the house{ Little Sadie Mama loves the room also can anyone spot her in one the pictures } and the best part of the room is still yet to arrive : ) We are patiently waiting for you Baby Rogers!!


















1 comment :

  1. so sweet! i think i've found my wedding planner (with michelyn, of course) and home decorator (including the nursery when it's time)! love love love!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright Rogers That 2017