Pages



Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Cook Mommy Cook...

Hi guys!! Happy Happy Hump Day! I want to start a new little series here on the my blog called Cook Mommy Cook. I absolutely love being a Mom, I love staying home with my kids, I absolutely don't love cooking. I have noticed that with the arrival of Pippa most of my time however is spent in the kitchen. I am now making 3 meals a day and at dinner I am usually making two separate meals because the kids just wont eat enough of what Jay and I eat to fill up their stomachs, so I make them something of their own.  I thought I can't be the only woman that lives in their kitchen and isn't exactly thrilled about it. So why not start this series on easy quick meals that cut down your time in the kitchen while also making a healthy meal. The name of the series comes from a saying my Mom { who had 4 children } used to say when we were asking her to do something or take us somewhere or make us something " run mommy run, do mommy do, cook mommy cook " It was usually said in an exasperated voice which at the time used to confuse me completely but now with two children of my own I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND. I mean can we just sit down?? NOPE! Now Let me be clear I AM NO COOK most of the recipes I have pulled from my Pinterest and will provide for you the link. Yesterday while the kids napped I decided to try this Lemon Orzo Chicken Soup. It wasn't supposed to be a crock pot recipe but Since I knew once the kids got up it would hard for me to tend to it I decided to throw it all in the crockpot and pray ( that pretty much how I get thru most of my meals a steady prayers lol ) 





I basically tossed everything on high for about 3 hours and then added in the Orzo at the end. My Husband LOVED it. Kael even tried some and liked it ! 

2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
  • 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch chunks
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 3 carrots, peeled and diced
  • 2 stalks celery, diced
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 5 cups chicken stock
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 3/4 cup uncooked orzo pasta
  • 1 sprig rosemary
  • Juice of 1 lemon
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright Rogers That 2017