Pages



Tuesday, February 12, 2013

On My Bedside Table

I thought I would start a fun little series once a month here on my blog called " On My Bedside Table " I am a huge huge book worm and Im always on the hunt for the next good book to read so I thought this would be a perfect place to share some of the great books that I come across. Lately I have been using Pinterest as a the place to find new books. Honestly the person who created that website needs to be blessed because it really is my go to place for everything these days. 

I just finished reading this adorable book called Girls In White Dresses by Jennifer Close which is HYSTERICAL and so dead on, it also happens to be a National Bestseller { NBD}. If you ever have been in a friends wedding or been through the whirlwind of all your girlfriends getting married you will especially get a good kick out if it. It sort of reminded me a little bit of the hit show Girls on HBO which obviously is brilliant 

I am currently reading Maine by J Courtney Sullivan which was a little slow in the start but is picking up and so good! It is about the complicated relationships between women in a family and definitely hits the nail on the head in terms of the things that different generations of women go thru and how the interact and doesnt hurt that the book takes place by the beach, my favorite place on earth!


Lastly Bringing Up Bebe by Pamela Drukerman has been on my nightstand for a while which is odd because I normally fly thru books. I have been reading this one off and on between Kaels naps or I will take it with me when I go to the nail salon. I am reading it slowly because it is more of a information stlye book than a plunge thru novel. I started reading it last year when Kael was probably 11 months and put it down because truthfully it just was just too late to start implementing some of these methods on him but BOY do I wish I had read it before he was born. It is one womens take on how French women raise their children and why their children seem to behave some much better than American children. It is truly very interesting and definitely has me thinking about our societies take on " Hovering " parenting.  I just saw on Good Morning America this morning that the author just came out with another book about parenting called Bebe Day by Day that I am going to snatch up and review next month! 



2 comments :

  1. I will look forward to these posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post however , I was wanting to know if you could write a litte more on this subject? I'd be very grateful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Kudos!
    newborn baby clothes australia

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright Rogers That 2017