Pages



Friday, April 19, 2013

" On My Bedside Table "

Thank heavens it is Friday!! We have had a great week doing lots of fun actvities enjoying the warm weather but yesterday I just hit a tired wall. Last weekend I had terrible terrible insomnia I would just sit up till 2 or 3 in the morning watching it get later and later and knowing Kael would be up at 6:30. It also couldbe the sadness of the week the things in Boston - just terrible. SOOOO needless to say I got a lot of reading in. So here is part 2 of my little blog series "On My Bedside Table" I have to say I have been reading some good ones lately. 

I just finished Defending Jacob by William Landay and it was a page turner and made those sleepless nights a teeni bit more bearable. It is about a District Attorney investigating a murder that took place near his sons school and all of the sudden after days of no leads the police {his colleagues} are at his house arresting his son. It is a nail biter I read it in two days. I started telling Husband J about it and he was even asking me what was happening as I read. I highly recommend 


 With the movie coming out in May I wanted to read the Great Gatsby before I head to see it. It was obviously very good but I couldn't help this time reading it feeling a little sorry for Gatsby when I read it while younger I guess I was less compassiontate but was Gatsby kinda a depressing soul? Or am I missing something? He has all these freeloaders and no real friends and a girl that " loved " him but never showed up at his funeral oh wait NO ONE showed up at his funeral..ouch. I am super excited to see Leo in the movie he is one of my favorite actors.


The trailer could not be anymore amazing

 

Before I go to sleep by S. J. Watson is another page turner it is about a woman who has amnesia and can not remember who she is every morning when she wakes up. Working secretly with a therapist she starts to unravel mysterious details of her life it has a really really great ending. I loved this book I will probably go back and read it again and place together all the pieces now that I know the ending.

Currently Reading: When did I get like this? by Amy Wilson  OK I ask myself this question probably 3 times a day. Do not get me wrong I love my job as a stay at home Mom but some of the stuff I come across in a day should just be written in a book. The things I worry about are enough to have me sent away for mental evaluation - in short I am a nuerotic guilt ridden Mother. Aren't we all!!??? Our society is super hard on Mothers these days we have to do it ALL so it is definitely a refreshing read to realize that I am not the only one with these worries. I am not done yet but I like it so far and I have laughed out loud a bunch. 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright Rogers That 2017