Pages



Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Kaels Big Boy Room

I finally got a sunny enough day yesterday to get some OK pictures of Kaels room. I wish I had been smart enough to take before pictures of this room because when we moved in it was the one eye sore. It had floral wallpaper from floor to ceiling along with matching floral curtains. At first glance we said we could pull the wallpaper down ourselves and after trying for all of 5 minutes started looking people up on google who could pull it down- aint nobody got time for that. After the wallpaper came down I picked to use Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter on the walls. It is a perfect mix between gray and beige and I thought was perfect for a little boys room. If we were staying in the house long term I would have replaced the carpets with a lower pile, BUT since we aren't here very long it was not worth the investment. We picked to get a Daybed from Ballard Design instead of a traditional twin bed because we felt like this is a piece that can continue to grow with us. Once Kael is fully used to being  in a " big boy "bed and Pippa has grown out of her crib she will get this bed and he will move into a larger one. I also thought that this bed felt a little cozier and safer than your traditional twin bed. I love that there in a trundle underneath for nights when there are "Monsters under his bed" we pull that out and sleep on it. When all of our children are done sleeping in it we think it could be a perfect piece for a office of living room. I wanted his room to feel like a little boys room but not too old or too young when a friend recommended this map from Ikea the room kinda took  off from there! His favorite part by far is the land of the nod teepee (his favorite hiding spot which causes Mom many headaches )  If any of you are interested in any of the other sources for the room feel feel to leave a comment below and I will happily share!! I still have a couple more things  I would like to add to his room but they will likely wait until we move to our next home. iI hope you guys have an awesome Wednesday!












post signature

2 comments :

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright Rogers That 2017