Pages



Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Jerk Pork Chops in the crockpot

As I have said here before on my blog cooking is not my favorite thing to do. Some people find it very relaxing and I definitely do not. However with the help of meal planning I am finding myself enjoying it a little more. I have also learned to find meals that are quick and with few ingredients. Kael is getting to the point where 2 out of 5 nights he is eating the same thing as us but the other nights I am fixing him something a little different and then on top of that I am making  Pippas baby food with my beaba cook so I feel like I am in the kitchen a lot these days. Yesterday when the kids went down for their nap I threw this jerk pork chop recipe in the crockpot and it was ready for when Husband J got home from work. It was so delicious with so many different flavors- it tasted like I have marinated the pork for hours when in actuality it took me 15 minutes to prepare it. 


Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup hot water
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup light brown sugar
  • 1 tsp red pepper flakes
  • 1/4 tsp ground cloves
  • 1/4 tsp ground cumin
  • 2 tsp salt
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 4 thick cut bone-in pork chops
  • 1/2 onion, sliced
  • 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
  • 1/2 orange bell pepper, sliced
  • 1 cup frozen corn
  • 1 can black beans, drained

Instructions

  1. Turn on your slow cooker and add the first eleven ingredients, down through the garlic.
  2. Stir briefly just for a minute until the brown sugar is dissolved.
  3. Add the pork chops, turning the once to coat both sides.
  4. Add the onion, peppers, corn and black beans on top.
  5. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or on LOW for 6-8 hours.
  6. Serve pork over rice or with a side of your choice.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s) Cooking time: 4 – 8 hours
Number of servings (yield): 4
Heres how mine turned out YUM!

This is the current state of our playroom :

 Weve been spending much more time in it and Ive been trying to give it a little facelift but I can do all the sprucing I want but it would really matter if it looks like a bomb went off every single day so I am having been looking for some more organizing options to make it easier for kael to help me clean up when the day is done.  I will share them with you guys on Friday!! Have a happy hump day!!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright Rogers That 2017