Pages



Wednesday, March 5, 2014

My Mommy Favorites { Infant Edition }

I try not to make this entire blog about Mommy stuff but lets be honest here Im a stay at home Mom so most of my days are surrounded by well Mom stuff. I thought I would share some of my Mommy Favorites for infants. Now that Pippa is 8 months old and Kael is almost three I have a really good feel for what stuff you really need for a baby. Im going to add some of my favorite things in also that are necessarily " essential " because what fun is life if we only go with stuff we really NEED { my Husband would physically shudder at the last line } 


 This Graco Sound Machine  probably my number 1 must have for a new Mom trying to get her baby to sleep. Before you have kids you preach " Im going to let them cry " " nope not me I need my sleep " Then the baby arrives invades your soul and you no longer have the heart to hear them cry. I got this when I was at my wits end with Kael not sleeping and it changed our lives. Basically the key is the sound machine MUST STAY ON ALL NIGHT..


 Ok these are going to be placed in the " maybe you dont NEED but how can you resist their softness file " Barefoot dreams blankets both my kids have them and they are the perfect lovie/stroller blanket/nursing cover I use it for everything I slept with it each night hoping that my scent would stay on it and when Kael was old enough to sleep with a blanket I gave it to him and he has slept with it every night since. I am now doing the same with Pippas.

 Aden and Anais swaddling blankets these blanket are amazing they are huge and perfect for those first months for swaddling. I also use them as a burp cloth, a nursing cover and also to cover the carseat from the sun. They come in many many adorable prints and get softer and softer the more you wash them.


 I didn't use the Moby Wrap with kael but this time around I was left looking around with panic at the thought of my help leaving and having a baby who wanted to be held and a demanding toddler who wanted a snack/water/tvshow so I went out and got this. Everyone ( including my Husband ) laughed and said I was never going to use it or figure it out but I am here to tell you I did and I used it every single day for the first 4 months. It was my bestie - I will 100 percent use this when we have our next baby and recommend it to any new mom. 


 I know this sounds funny but WHY are the boppys so scratchy I cant be the only one to notice the poor fabric quality. The first week that Kael came home I asked my Stepmom to run out and pick up this boppy cover and it made such a difference.


 I am currently using this for my toddler but it can be used from 6 months to I think like 18 just kidding 6. Its called the stokke tripp trapp and I purchased this when it was time for Pippa to start sitting up in a high chair I needed a booster seat for Kael but was totally stalling because we have cream upholstered seats at our table and I knew a booster seat would not protect it at all. I saw this and thought it was perfect it can be pushing up to the table and Kael can get in and out himself. I can not go on enough about how much I love this chair. 


The Beaba cook under the sound machine is my second favorite product for my kids. It makes making your own baby food fast simple and stress free. 


These two products ( which can be found at Target ) I love- with Kael who was attached to his pacifier I was always reaching for these wipes because he was always dropping it on the ground the Johnsons hand and face wipes I use on Kael Pippa and myself especially during the winter after playdates or target trips. It is a fast easy way to get some germs off of them before we get home to wash our hands. 

Thats all I have for today I will do this again next week with a toddler edition! I am also going to start a new series Friday featuring outfits my kids wear. I am stopped all the time with people asking me where I get Kaels shoes or pants or hat and thought it would be fun to do something on here biweekly focusing on that. Hope you all have a great week!!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright Rogers That 2017