Pages



Monday, May 19, 2014

Only 11 to Go !

Boy am I glad to see the start of a new week! Last week was just one thing after another. I got the stomach bug on Monday night and was running to the bathroom every 30 mins followed by a day at home alone with the kids because Husband J had to give a presentation at work that he could not miss. By Wednesday I was letting out a huge sigh of relief that I was finally able to hold my head up straight again only to have Pippa throw up. Now Pippa has not been sick ONCE aside from a stuff nose in her 10.5 months. When I tell you the girl was throwing up bile every 5 min for 5 hours I am not exaggerating, which promptly landed her in the ER for some nausea medication so she could rest her stomach and keep down some much needed fluids. If you know me at all you know I was a complete basket case with worry during this and basically didn't sleep till Friday night. Happily we had a pretty relaxing weekend aside from a couple of unrelated but equally as exhausting family issues. Needless to say when Sunday rolled around I had a lot of pent up energy and was ready to start training for the Half Marathon trail run  I signed up for in the fall. I pumped up the tires on my jogging stroller and ran my first two straight miles with Miss Pippa girl and FELT AMAZING. Husband J is always convinced that because my whole life I played sports and was so active my body is not functioning right just sitting and not exercising and I can not be my happiest self he may be on to something because when I came back from that run last night all the silly little petty worries seemed to have washed away and I felt ENERGIZED. A word I can honestly say I have really not felt since having Pippa. 

Obviously my children are the best thing that has ever ever happened to me but I am really not in charge of our days or nights for that matter! It is about when they need to eat or when they need to nap or is this function or event going to mess with their nap or bedtime. Lots of people could say well don't worry about that they will be fine they will adjust but that wouldn't be fair to expect their little bodies to be pulled all over the place in order for me to make more parties or dinners out with girlfriends. Running yesterday felt freeing and like I was having a little met up with my old self. Here below is the the plan I am going to follow and with advice from my best friend and sister who have both completed multiple marathons I hope I can get thru this with flying colors. 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright Rogers That 2017