Pages



Sunday, April 2, 2017

Shanghai Days

I have been admittedly horrible at documenting my time over here in Shanghai. I am not really sure why that is. Maybe I have felt protective of it wanting to keep it a little for myself. I haven't loved living over here. I haven't hated it either but there are have absolutely been some really hard days. So maybe keeping it to myself was a way to shield the experience from any harsh questions or critiques from the outside in order to well ...I guess make it all the way thru.

 Im not positive when we will be returning back to the US but I have a hunch that it will be soon. SO before I finish this adventure I thought it might be good for me to share a little bit more on here. If for no one else but myself. I just spent the last hour going back and looking at pictures from when we first started and I can't help but laugh and smile. WE WERE SO SCARED. We aren't scared anymore maybe even a tad bit Jaded and that itself it funny. Yup its true the little kids here wear split pants when they are being potty trained and yes most of its citizens don't have access to most of the internet ( yes thank includes Facebook, Instagram, Google ) It is crazy but then after the initial shock it just feels a bit like normal. We often say how we might find ourselves a little bit bored when we move back to the US. Where will the old men strolling the streets in their pajamas on Saturdays be or the millions of scooters zipping by. Will all of my charades expertise go out the window now that I will be able to speak to everyone in plain old English. 

I don't think I can ever really explain to you what picking up your entire life and moving to China for three years feels like unless you have actually done it. However I am going to try for the next couple of months or however long my Husbands company decides to keep us over here ( send help J/K ) So I thought I would start with a pretty typical Saturday for us. We find a restaurant that we haven't tried yet and then meander around the city peeking down alleys that we have never peeked down before. There are tons. Today was especially lovely maybe that is what triggered me to want to start documenting all of this. I have admittedly been pretty hard on China. However I know I will find myself thinking about this place very very often once we are gone. 


this house was just tucked back in a alley in the middle of all the hustle and bustle of Shanghai. Im willing to bet that these people have a few pennies to rub together.


Ferguson Lane a hip little Lane with bars shops places to eat flower shops so cute.





These little fruit and vegetable stands are on every corner. 


My babes. This is just home to them.



A typical Shanghai street notice all the bikes and scooters. A staple here.

1 comment :

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright Rogers That 2017